The Bible speaks frequently of amazing healing through the work of Jesus Christ and faith in God. Our Lord has the ability to provide convenience and healing for you and your enjoyed ones.
The Word of God can be your source of supernatural assistance when you are overwhelmed with health problems, bad news, or relationship struggles. Do not quit! God assures higher things in store – a future filled with pledges and hope! This collection of Scriptures on healing will provide encouragement, strength, and comfort as you concentrate on God’s healing power.
Praying Bible verses back to God is a fantastic way to focus on his promises and provision. You can pray these Bible Verses out loud over your life, illness, and your loved ones.
Scriptures About Physical Healing
It is evidenced through both Old Testament and New Testament Scripture that God does have the power to heal our physical bodies. Miraculous healings still happen today!
Use these Bible verses to talk to God about your pain and to fill your heart with hope.
- “Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” ~ Jeremiah 17:14
- “Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.” ~ James 5:14-15
- “He said, “If you listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you.” ~ Exodus 15:26
- “Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you…” Exodus 23:25
- “See now that I myself am he! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.” ~ Deuteronomy 32:39
- “Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.” ~ Jeremiah 33:6
- “Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” ~ 3 John 1:2
Spiritual and Emotional Healing Scriptures
Sin, abuse, neglect, rejection, betrayal … all cause terrific emotional and spiritual pain that hurt just as physical discomfort does. God, our Fantastic Physician can totally heal our broken hearts and bind our wounds, healing, and making us whole. Emotional and spiritual healing is typically a process with actions that we require to put action behind. Utilize the following Bible verses to assist your heart and mind toward complete healing.
- “LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.” ~ Isaiah 33:2
- “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” ~ James 5:6
- “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” ~ 1 Peter 2:24by his wounds you are healed
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” ~ John 14:27
- “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” ~ Matthew 11:28-30
- “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” ~ Isaiah 40:29
- “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” ~ 1 Corinthians 10:13
Healing Verses from Psalms
The Book of Psalms is a collection of cries, prayers, and praise. The authors of each chapter experienced every struggle, heartache, and fear possible. This collection of reassuring verses will help direct you towards total and entire healing.
- “Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind.” ~ Psalms 107:19-21
- “LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.” ~ Psalms 30:2
- “Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits – who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.” ~ Psalms 103:2-4
- “Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.” ~ Psalms 6:2
- “The LORD protects and preserves them— they are counted among the blessed in the land – he does not give them over to the desire of their foes. The LORD sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness.” ~ Psalms 41:2-3
- “Hear, LORD, and be merciful to me; LORD, be my help.” You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy” ~ Psalms 30:10-11
- “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” ~ Psalms 73:26
Healing Miracles of Jesus
- Jesus’s healing is for today just as much as it was when he walked the earth and performed miracles of healing the sick and disabled. The Bible tells us that “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.” ~ Isaiah 53:5.
- “Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed; and he healed them.” ~ Matthew 4:23-24
- “Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness…Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.” ~ Matthew 10:1-8
- “On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” ~ Mark 2:17
- “Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.” ~ Matthew 9:35
- “He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.” ~ Mark 5:34
- “And a woman was there who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all. When Jesus saw her, he called her forward and said to her, “Woman, you are set free from your infirmity.” Then he put his hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God.” ~ Luke 13:11-13